Thursday, June 11, 2009

Danger Mouse


I am a big fan of the White Album. It is my favorite Beatles album and one of my all-time favorite albums anyway. I am also a fan of hiphop. When I heard Danger Mouse' Grey Album (a remix of Jay-Z's Black Album with samples of the Beatles' White Album) I was thrilled. What a great album! I know Beatle fans who hate it, but I don't. I love it. Of course it could not be released, another example of the needless restriction on creativity that the copyright law has become.

Now Danger Mouse has released an album, consisting a a photo book of 50 photo's by David Lynch (!) and a ...blank CDR. It has to do with copyrights, again, and some issue he has with his contract with EMI....

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/06/11/arts/music/11danger.html

1 comment:

Jim Klus-Salisbury said...

Have you heard it? I heard a little snippet on radio and it sounded really interesting. I'm a only luke-warm Lynch fan (I know he's right next to Captain Beefheart in that special place in your heart, Ivo), but this sounds so exciting. I can't wait until it's available.