Sunday, November 30, 2008

Great find: Sound Opinions


Along with Yu's Mandarin noodles and Salerno's pizza, Sound Opinions radio show and podcast has been reason enough to live in Chicago. Music critics Jim DeRogatis (of The Sun-Times) and Greg Kot (Chicago Tribune), host this hour-long program. Despite their creds, what I love about this show is it's just two music nerds (sorry guys!) talking about music and interviewing great artists. they play a lot of music and have great topics. I also like the fact that they have similar tastes in general, but they alos disagree a lot - so you get a couple takes. You can listen live, listen to the stream or download the podcast. Check it out!

http://www.soundopinions.org/about.html

1 comment:

Mix Master Lee said...

You're taking me back Jimbo. Although I forgot all about it, I used to love that show. We used to listen to it on return trips from Michigan on Sunday nights. I remember one show when Courtney Love called to gossip with Jim DeRogatis about some other rock personalities that she hated. During part of her tirade she called Trent Reznor a Republican. It was great radio.